Motorcycle Accidents

Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Philadelphia

Frequently Asked Questions

What Should I Do First After A Motorcycle Accident?

As a general safety precaution, be mindful of motorcyclists when driving. This is easy said than done, but it is important to keep an ear and eye out for motorcyclists. If you should find yourself in an accident with a motorcycle the first thing to safeguard is safety.

Even with a helmet, motorcyclists do not have a great deal of protection from injury. This is why neck, head, and spinal injuries are common. As a result, you should not move until emergency personnel arrives to avoid further injuring yourself.

Once you have your health and safety taken care of, you should contact legal advice. Motorcycle injuries are serious and life-threatening. As a result, you are looking at time off from work, possibly on disability. You will need to arrange for medical bills and physical therapy. All these things cost money. To get an insurance company to cover these costs, you will need an attorney to represent you while you recuperate.

Next, contact the insurance companies of all the involved motorists. Even if the accident was due to personal error or environmental factors, be sure to contact your insurance company. Pennsylvania requires insurance companies to offer no-fault insurance. This means that your insurance company will take care of the cost of your needs.

What Happens After The Claim?

After you file the claim, your insurance company has to process your claim without undue delay, by law. Once the insurance company makes a decision, you will receive notice. Even if the insurance company agrees to pay benefits, it may not be an adequate amount. Wait for the advice of counsel before making a decision.

After a claim denial or an inadequate offer, your next call is to your lawyer. You may need to sue for lost wages or even wrongful death on behalf of your loved one. There are several options available to you depending on your situation. You do not need to suffer without compensation.

Contact Us Today!